Jun 4, 2009

tears.

first off those of you who know me well, know that i am not one to share my feelings easily, so this is a big step for me!

i wish that i could be posting something happier since i have not blogged in ages, but the truth is i am sad. stressed. overwhelmed. burnt out. these last few weeks at school have been the hardest for me yet. the stress of exams is hitting me hard and i just want it to be done. i know its only a few short weeks until i am done but those weeks include endless studying 4 exams in 5 days and 6 exams overall, evening clinic and trying to get my 100 hours done (i am at 92), not to mention darcy being away a lot due to farming. i have shed many tears over the last couple of day, but thankfully darcy has been around most evening to calm me. if you think about me from now until the 23rd you could gladly send up a prayer on my behalf. i would really appreciate it (and i'm sure darcy would too!) i am trying to take it one day at a time and just finish strong but it's so hard to be motivated to study. luckily i have done well in all my courses so far and if i do worse on these last exams i should still be ok but it's still stressful.

7 comments:

Amber said...

oh little sis, i am so sad for you. i know how it feels to have a husband who is gone for a lot, hours and days on end. (ahem, example: e got home at 4am yesterday only to be out the door by 7am again) i can see how it IS so hard to have darcy gone...everything always seems 'off' and then if YOU are going through a hard time you NEED him to be around more and it feels so much worse.

i'm praying for you. right now i will (while i'm stitching jackets). and then i will keep praying, and Jesus HEARS each and every one of those prayers...He loves you & will give you strength & motivation to study. and He's already given you such a smart brain, so that is HUGE.

we'll have to have another couple of sister days soon....wow, that did wonders for my soul. i love you so much and i wish for happiness for you. you will make it through these next few weeks. i know you can. :) i love you more than cherry pie i love you more than apple pie.

Amber said...

kisses & cuddles from your three biggest little fans h.e., jaydee & madelynda.

Martha said...

awww, big huggs to you from all of us here! we'll defiantly be praying for you!!

Kara said...

Raquel, I know exactly what you are feeling like (minus the husband being gone part but I can imagine). Make sure to take a break from the studying - do something to nourish your soul. Take a day to do something fun and completely unschool related.

Thinking and praying for you as you head into the upcoming weeks. If you need a coffee break, just give me a shout!

Kelsey Loewen said...

Raquel you are very brave to admit your struggles and your fears! If I had a blog post for every tear that I shed during school, there would be a million! It feels scary to be vulnerable to others but it is really worth it.
I say this will full confidence. When things seem to be at their worst I believe God asks us to confide in others and ask them to pray for us. It seems so simple but it really does work. I did this many times - sometimes I would get answers that same morning, or it would be a week or two...but the result was always the same. God was faithful. The reward after all your hard work will be so worth it! I just know you will do great things there. I'll be praying for you. For strength when Darcy is gone, for perseverance, and peace for the times when you are waiting and wondering.

Brandi said...

I'll defninitely be thinking about you Raquel and I'll send up a prayer that everything goes well!

Unknown said...

Oh Raquel I feel so sorry for you and will definetely be praying for you. If you ever need to talk give me a call or if you need an outing to take your mind off school let me know...love you lots and praying that the next month of school goes well.