Jul 13, 2009

i have wanted to write something to Kelli for a while now but always kept putting it off. partly because i didn't want the reality to hit again that she is gone, and partly because i was scared that i wouldn't find the right words to show how wonderful she was. but here it goes.

Kelli Leigh Rempel
1981-2009

Kelli you were such a wonderful friend, so full of love. You were such a Godly woman and there are many things that I have learned from you. You had such a contagious laugh. I don't think I will ever forget your laugh and how you would belt out a hardy laugh at the strangest things. I loved that about you. You were a lover of God, Jamie, your family, any sort of reality show, fashion, Ashley Simpson - or any celebrity gossip for that matter and your friends among many other things. You were such a passionate person and always lived life to it's fullest. There were many weekends that you and Lisa would plan some sort of get together with the Carosenort group. I have countless memories of pool parties, where you were wearing your green sailor swimsuit, fondue parties, talking and laughing into the night and just gallivanting around Rosenort and Carman looking for something to do. When you moved back home to Saskatchewan we definitly didn't stay as close. You were the glue that held the group together. I am so thankful that we were able to make it to your wedding and that you came to Rosenort for a shower within the last year and a half. Kelli, you will be always missed but never forgotten. I love you!!
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to changes the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Kelli and I at Mike and Misty's wedding

Last group picture before Kelli left for SK

Kelli and Jamie's engagment pictures.
She is so pretty.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

This is such a beautiful post, Raquel. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.