Dec 3, 2008

just one of those days....

that is the best way how to describe how i am feeling right now. wednesday's are usually bad, i have come to realize that. wednesday means all day anatomy, for the most part i enjoy anatomy. call me crazy but i love learning osteology, and arthrology (bones, joints and ligaments). myology on the other hand (muscles) are a whole other story...there are so so so many muscles and have different actions, and origins and insertions. it is very overwhelming to learn 20+ muscles a class and know where they all start/end, and what they do (most muscles move in more than one direction). i feel so overwhelmed with school and studying, the only way i make it through the week is knowing that come thursday i can sort of take a break. no quizzes on friday, and thursday after school means we go to ty and stefs, or they come here. sometimes for supper, other times just to watch the office at 8. i know school will be worth it in the end but some days are really hard to get past (kara, i am sure you know what i mean!) i am so excited to be a massage therapist and am very anxious to get my own table. there are many days that i come home and wish i could do an hour or two massage to strengthen my hands and for practice. i think that i will invest in one in the next few months, and when we come out (or anyone can come by anytime) i can to get some practice hours in and be critiqued...there has been more than enough people volunteering to help me out! on a happier note i got a wonderful call from my sweetheart sister today. she phoned just to cheer me up, i felt really special. my sweet husband also phoned on his way home to let me know everything would be ok, and to let me know he was going to pick up a pizza for supper so i didn't have to make anything. what a guy. only 12 school days until christmas, and 16 total days. that also helps to get me through. christmas will be a very much welcomed break to school, and even more than the christmas break i look forward to semester break where i don't have to pick up my books for a whole week....

on the brighter side....

....which reminds me, keep january 26th 2009 open for an epicure party i am having! hopefully at mom and dads place, but i should check with mom first! i am rather excited about it, i love epicure and the consultant i talked to said that the new catalog should be out and i think i may be the first rosenort party to have a new catalog party!

things to be thankful for
- talking to amber - the times we talk now that we are in the city is far to few
- darcy's encouragement
- talking to kels about school
- not making supper
- tomorrow being thursday
- being able to see auntie m and jer on friday
- not procrastinating and finishing tomorrows physiology assignment yesterday
- this weekend spending time with family, celebrating my wonderful mothers birthday
- a God who is always with me in my highs and lows

2 comments:

Martha said...

aww, glad to be on your thankful list - can't wait to see you either! Sorry Wednesday's are crappy for you - at least you have Thursdays to look forward to! Yes it's lots to learn and to absorb, but in the end as you know it will be worth it. Yeah - you can practice on me any time - I'd be a guinea pig for you!

Kelsey Loewen said...

aww! I am very glad we can talk to each other about school also. Just imagine how rewarding it will all be once its finished. Even though I still have to remind myself from time to time that it is worth all the hard work. And In case I haven't told you already, I would most definitely love for you to practice your mad massage skills on my wrecked neck and shoulders. ANYTIME. Of course I won't take your skills for granted either - I practice tipping pretty regularly.