May 4, 2011

Hobbies

As you know, my new hobby is baking. My husband on the other hand has gotten into woodworking. Darcy grew up with 2 huge shops in his back yard, and over the years he has followed his dad around learning anything and everything about metal fabricating. Ever since we started dating he would make me things out of metal. Like the monkey he made and painted (picture to come), the beautiful lamps that are sitting on my nightstands, the nightstand itself, candle holder, and other decorative things for around the house just to name a few. He is now starting to do woodworking...I am still undecided how I feel about his new interest, seeing as he has to get all new tools. For instance he just got a table saw for an anniversary gift but also needs wants a router, a miter saw and who knows what else! However, I do get things like this out of the deal...

We now have matching nightstands for the first time since we've been married!

That's the lamp Darcy made me when we first got married

Our beautiful new bed!


1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, can't wait to see that bed in person. LOOKS GREAT! Darcy's the man!

ps - Hee hee, widdly tinks!