May 15, 2011

It all started with one batch....

....so I donned my apron,


put my recipe on my handy dandy metal note holder thing Darcy made me, (since we have a stainless steel fridge and no mementos can be magnet-ed to there I wanted a place to put cute pictures of my niece's, cards, etc. and realized it would be a perfect recipe holder for when I bake. )


admired my view,

and got to work.

An innocent evening of baking a batch of auntie Renee's 5-star chocolate chip cookies (one of Darcy's all time favorites) quickly turned into this....


Since I just bought flax I thought I might experiment and throw some ground flax in


And some whole wheat flour, who said cookies couldn't be healthier?

Well as it turns out adding flax and whole wheat flour made the cookies a little bit of a flop. But I will continue to experiment because if I recall correctly Mckmama once said "You can also use 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed meal and 3 Tablespoons of water to replace an egg in a recipe, provided you are not already using it to replace oil".

I also tried out baking on parchment paper. I have used it in the past and never really liked it. So I stopped buying it.
But most of my recipes say to use parchment paper so I figured I'd give it another try, since it was on sale at superstore anyway. Well, wasn't I pleasantly surprised.


I have now converted to parchment. so. much. easier. to. clean.

After I took these pictures I thought that this was a much better idea for my change of heart.


Since all my ingredients were out any way I may as well try something new....


Darcy said the Oreo's were hard to taste - so next time I will try more cookies or leaving bigger chunks. The meat pounder kinda got away from me : )

And since all me ingredients are STILL out I may as well make MY favorite... (even though I can't eat them yet : ) )

(not exactly the same recipe but it's pretty darn close - the only difference is I do 1/3 cup EACH of the 5 different kinds of chips)


and why not toss in some more flax seed?

And since I have made 3 different kinds of cookies I may as well use some of my new cupcake liners and make some bran muffins....



And even though I didn't use my new birthday muffin liners that I love (thanks Kels) I may as well make a batch of humming bird muffins to test them out...
.
Ok, so these never made it to the oven. It was getting late and I wanted to do some of the delivers tonight yet, so these will wait til morning. (we'll see if it works...)

Aaaaaaaand since I am baking all these for just Darcy I may as well give some to my loved ones...

Using my leftover-good-intention-but-never-got-around-to-making-gifts (did you get that?) Christmas wrapping paper

Poor penmanship and blurry I know...


Look at this nifty way to store cupcake liners. Instead of having them free floating in my cupboard they are all nicely contained in mason jars. (Are all jars mason jars? I am not even sure I know what a mason jar is!)



Have I mentioned that I love to bake?!

2 comments:

Amber. said...

YOU ARE CRAZZZZZY! And I love ya! Had myself a good chuckle with a lot of these pics...let's have a baking day together soon!!!!!!

Kelsey Loewen said...

Loved this post! Thanks again for the yummy cookies.